Gifts In Kind
Our website is updated when we are accepting additional donations, so please check back periodically or call 416-921-8668 ext. 229 for further information
The needs in the community can change, so it is very important that you contact us to ensure that we are able to accept your donation. At Street Health, we do not have the facilities to wash used items or do large volume sorting so we do cannot accept large volume donations or donations that are soiled.
If you would like to donate items to Street Health, please arrange a date and time for drop-off by contacting our Fundraising Manager at 416-921-8668 ext. 229, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Walk in donations will not be accepted. Our apologies, but we cannot pick up donations.
KITS FOR A CAUSE: For over a decade, Street Health has had a relationship with the team at The Bargains Group. We purchase client supplies from them at wholesale prices, and also benefit from their annual Project Winter Survival and Project Water. The Bargains Group has now created a special program called “Kits for a Cause”, an opportunity for volunteer groups of 5-500 to purchase & pack customized kits of supplies for homeless people that you can then donate to Street Health. If you or your group are interested in purchasing client supplies (at discount prices) or organizing a volunteer kit-assembly event, you can learn more about this exciting program by visiting: www.thebargainsgroup.com
Our current in-kind needs are:
- New ONLY Undergarments: Underwear, Socks, for men and women
- New and gently used sleeping bags and warm blankets.
- New Toiletries: shampoo, body wash, toothpaste, toothbrushes, feminine products, etc.
- New and gently used winter accessories (scarves, hats, mitts, accessories).
- Gift cards to local stores such as No Frills, FreshCo, Shoppers Drug Mart, etc.
- Old cellphones (with accompanying chargers) which are given out at the Women's Drop-in. Even cellphones without a plan can still make emergency calls, and may keep someone safe.
We do not accept:
- Used household items
- Children’s items of any kind
- Used computer equipment
- Used medical equipment
- Items that are broken or in need of repair.
· Due to the rise in bedbug infestations and storage issues, we no longer accept donations of clothing. Please contact one of our partner agencies who run clothing donations programs.
Tax receipts may be possible for some in-kind donations.
Please email email@example.com or call 416-921-8668 ext. 229 to determine whether or not your donation is eligible.
We cannot provide tax receipts for donations of used items.