Gifts In Kind
Our website is updated when we are accepting additional donations, so please check back periodically or call 416-921-8668 ext. 229 for further information
The needs in the community can change, so it is very important that you contact us to ensure that we are able to accept your donation. At Street Health, we do not have the facilities to wash used items or do large volume sorting so we do cannot accept large volume donations or donations that are soiled.
If you would like to donate items to Street Health, please arrange a date and time for drop-off by contacting our Fundraising Manager at 416-921-8668 ext. 229, or via email at email@example.com
Walk in donations will not be accepted. Our apologies, but we cannot pick up donations.
KITS FOR A CAUSE: For over a decade, Street Health has had a relationship with the team at The Bargains Group. We purchase client supplies from them at wholesale prices, and also benefit from their annual Project Winter Survival and Project Water. The Bargains Group has now created a special program called “Kits for a Cause”, an opportunity for volunteer groups of 5-500 to purchase & pack customized kits of supplies for homeless people that you can then donate to Street Health. If you or your group are interested in purchasing client supplies (at discount prices) or organizing a volunteer kit-assembly event, you can learn more about this exciting program by visiting: www.thebargainsgroup.com
Our current in-kind needs are:
- New ONLY Undergarments: underwear and socks for men and women
- New or gently used and freshly laundered sleeping bags.
- New peronal care supplies: shampoo, body wash, toothpaste, toothbrushes, lip balm, small packets of tissues, unused rain ponchos and feminine products.
- Gift cards to local stores such as No Frills, FreshCo, Shoppers Drug Mart, etc.
- Old cellphones (with accompanying chargers) which are given out at the Women's Drop-in. Even cellphones without a plan can still make emergency calls, and may keep someone safe.
We do not accept:
- Donations of clothing - contact an agency with a clothing program clothing donations programs
- Used household items
- Children’s items of any kind
- Used computer equipment
- Used medical equipment
- Items that are broken or in need of repair.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-921-8668 ext. 229
to arrange an in-kind donation drop-off
We cannot provide tax receipts for donations of used items.