- Nursing Program
- Community Health Program
- Harm Reduction Program
- Access to Health Cards for the Homeless
- ID Safe
This symbol was used by American "hoboes" in the earlier part of the twentieth century. It indicated "if you are sick, they will take care of you here".
Street Health is "Going Green”! As part of this campaign we would like to offer our donors the opportunity to begin receiving their Bi-Annual newsletter by email.
Our goal is to switch 30% of our donors to an E-Newsletter by the end of the year for a savings of over $2000. Any savings will go towards our much needed programs and services. Join the movement!
30th Anniversary, 2016
Together we can make it work
Street Health provides safe storage of important ID for homeless or under-housed people. Individuals can then retrieve their identification documents when they need to access services.
As you go about your day, you may forget the role ID plays in your life. But without ID homeless people cannot access basic services including health care, welfare, shelters and food banks. Nor can they apply for jobs, secure housing, open a bank account or apply for any other identification.
Secure and Confidential
- ID is stored securely, both physically and confidentially
- ID information is provided to other individuals or organizations only with the client’s consent
- Storage protocols meet the requirements of Ontario’s privacy legislation
- Protocols are set up with service providers so clients do not have to show original identification documents
ID Safe is located at Street Health, 338 Dundas Street East. We are open Monday-Friday 9:00-5:00 (closed for lunch from 12:30-1:30). If you have any questions, comments or ideas please contact us at 416 921-8668 ext. 234.